- Rebellion in Rhyme (Poetry); The Dicker Press, Prairie City, IL. 1948 Reprinted, Africa World Press, Trenton, NJ, 1991.
- New Dimensions of African World History; Africa World Press, Trenton, NJ. 1991.
- Christopher Columbus and the African Holocaust: Notes for an African World Revolution; Africa World Press, Trenton, NJ. 1991.
- Notes for an African World Revolution: Africans at the Crossroads; Africa World Press, Lawrenceville, NJ. 1991.
- African People in World History; Black Classic Press, Philidelphia, 1993.
- Who Betrayed the African Revolution and Six Major Speeches; Institute of African Affairs, Kent State University, 1994.
Books Edited or Containing Introductions, Commentaries, or Essays
- The Lives of Great African Chiefs, Pittsburgh Courier Publishing Company, 1958.
- Harlem, A Community in Transition; Citidel Press, NY, 1964.
- Harlem, U.S.A., Seven Seas Publishers, Berlin, Germany, 1965; Revised Edition, Collier Books, NY, 1971.
- American Negro Short stories (An Anthology), Hill and Wang, Inc., NY. 1966: Reprinted as A Century of the Best Black American Short Stories, Hill and Wang, NY, 1992.
- William Styron's Nat Turner: Ten Black Writers Respond, Beacon Press, Boston, 1968.
- Malcolm X: The Man and His Times, MacMillan Co. NY, 1969; African World Press, Trenton, 1990.
- What's It All About, Edited with Vincent Harding, Holt, Rinhart & Wiston, Inc., NY, 1969.
- History and Culture of Africa, Aevac, Inc., Educational Publishers, New York City, 1969.
- Slavery and the Slave Trade, Edited with Vincent Harding, Holt, Rinehart & Winston, Inc., NY, 1970.
- Harlem: Voices From The Soul Of Black America, New American Library, NY, 1970.
- Black Titan: W.E.B. DuBois, Edited with the Editors of Freedomways, Beacon Press, Boston, 1971.
- World's Great Men of Color, Vols I & II by J.A Rogers, (Revised and Updated with Commentary), Collier-MacMillan, Co., NY, 1972.
- Marcus Garvey and The Vision of Africa, Random House, NY, 1973.
- Black Families in the American Economy, An E.C.C.A. publication, Community Counselors Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C., 1975.
- Paul Robeson: The Great Forerunner, with the editors of Freedomways Magazine, Dood Mead & Co., NY, 1978.
- Pan-Africanixm and the Liberation of Southern Africa: A Tribute to W.E.B. DuBois, United Nations Centre Against Apartheid and the African Heritage Studies Association, NY, 1978.
- Dimensions of the Struggle Against Apartheid: A Tribute to Paul Robeson, United Nations Centre Against Apartheid and the African Heritage Studies Association, NY, 1979.
- Black/White Alliences: A Historical Perspective, Third World Press, Chicago, IL, 1975.
Part I & Part II
- The State of the Race, Los Angeles Chapter, The Pan-African Secretariet, Los Angeles, CA. 1980.
- Thoughts on the African World at the Crossroads, N.E.R.A.C., Educational Pamphlets, Guyana, South America, 1980.
- End of the Age of Grandeur and the Beginning of the Slave Trade, Institute of Afro-American Affairs, New York University, New York, NY, 1981.
- Can African People Save Themselves, Alkebulanian, Inc., Detroit, MI, 1990.
- Africans Away From Home, Institute for Independent Education, Washington, D.C., 1988, revised and expanded, 1993.
- Pan-Africanism: A Brief History of an Idea in the African World
- Immigrants Against Their Will
- The African Global Experience in Politics, History & Literature
- Journey to the Fair (a novel)
- Gallery of Lonely People (short stories)